Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The little kid....

in my son's class is still weighing heavily on my mind. Right before christmas break we we're all talking, now mind you this child is ONLY four years old. Some how the conversation took a wrong turn and this sweet child tells me "When my mommy and daddy fight, my daddy leaves."

It broke my heart to hear one so young talk of something so hurtful. I remember being that little kid and all the hurtful things said at my house. I remember the yelling, the screaming, and being afraid. I pray that little boy had a good christmas and that his mommy and daddy could stop fighting long enough to give him a happy christmas.

There are so many children hurt in this world, and I know you can't save them all. But there is a part of me that wishes I could just wrap them all up in a hug and keep them safe. No child deserves to live in that kind of environment. To hear those harsh words, or angry yells, to be scared or cowering in a corner. I can't save every child, but I will make sure that I try to help those along the way who I come in contact with.

Will you?

2 comments:

  1. That's really tough. :( I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Do you guys fight alot or does he mean when he leaves for work? I hope he's feeling better, that must be hard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no its not me and clay fightin.

    This post is about a child in my sons class

    ReplyDelete

Followers