Thursday, December 15, 2011

Frustrations.....

So I sit here at 11:40 at night waiting for the husband who was outta town for 10 days and just got in late last night, to get back from the meetings he got tagged for. He should've been home at 5:30, dinners cold, kiddo's asleep on the couch waiting for his daddy, and I'm sitting in the dark wondering how my preconceived notions got so far off track.

For anyone who knows me, you know I chose Army life. I met my husband on an Army site. I went into this with my eyes wide open. Or so I thought.
To say I wasn't truly prepared for what Army life is really like, is an understatement.

I always figured that since I'd lived on base a few months, and dealt with other misc. military stuff that I had it figured out. Boy was I wrong! See my ex was a marine, and their schedule was set almost in stone. But this, this new life I've stepped into is totally different. There's last minute trips outta town, 5:30 AM PT training sessions, meetings that last till midnight...and all at the drop of a hat.

I had no idea that military life was like this. That my husband would up and disappear all of a sudden cause the Army says "Go." Or that my son would fall asleep on the living room floor waiting for daddy to come home.

I had no idea about the fundraising, bake sales, FRG meetings, Wives club and all the rules that come with it. I'm beyond out of my element and totally in over my head. Needless to say, my preconceived notions of "military life" are fast going out the window. I'm coming to find the only thing that is certain, is that when the Army says "jump" you say "How high?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers