Thursday, January 26, 2012

Military Spouse Appreciation?

Today is military spouse appreciation day. So I just wanted to share this poem with y'all.





The Silent Ranks
Author Unknown

I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens.
But I am in the military in the ranks that are rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders.
Salutes I do no give,
but the military world is the place where I live.
I am not in the chain of command orders I do not get,
but my husband does this I can no forget.
I am not the one who fires the weapon,
who puts my life on the line,
but my job is just as tough I am the one that is left behind.
My husband is a patriot a brave and pride filled man.
And the call to serve his country not all understands.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.
I love the man I married. Soldiering is his life,
but I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers