Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dear Soldier

Dear Soldier,
I don't know you, and you don't know me. I don't know where you're from or where you've been, but I know somewhere over there you're surviving horrors we can't even begin to imagine. You're living with the wind, the sand, and the heat. You're fighting for my freedoms, for my son's right to grow up free. And I find myself wondering when was the last time someone shook your hand and told you how much it meant to them that you give up so much for them?
    I don't know if you have a family, or children of your own. I don't know where you're from, or how you're feeling. But I know you're giving it all up to protect our country, to protect our freedoms, to protect us back home. You probably don't see what your doing as heroic or brave, you probably don't consider yourself a hero bu that's exactly what you are a "HERO."
     I don't think any civilian truly understands what you're going through, or how hard a deployment is on your families, both emotionally and physically. Your spouses have to be brave on the home front, hold your families together and keep their heads held high when all they want to do is cry, and you have to keep going on day by day when all you want to do is run home and hold them tight.
     We as a people have failed to give you the credit you deserve for all your sacrifice. We have failed to show you how much you mean to us, as a people, as a nation, as Americans.
     I am but one person, but I would like to say "Thank You", on behalf of myself, my son, and the American people. I will pray for you, I will cry for you, I will fly a flag for you, and I will remember you!


****************************************************************
 Written by Felicity White
Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers